ABV Chicago’s Arbitrary Decade-End Survey (and Raffle!)
Being teachers, we value feedback, revision, and “teachable moments” even when it comes to our silly beer podcast. So, we’re gathering feedback about our show, in addition to some outside perspective about the last ten years in beer.
To encourage your patience in filling out this survey, you may enter a raffle by including some contact information on the survey form. A list of possible raffle prizes is listed below. We will be using the results of this survey to compile information for an upcoming article on our website and discussion on the podcast, but we will not be including names of respondents in either of those published pieces.
About the ABV Chicago Podcast:
We (Craig and Ryan) are entering our 6th year covering craft beer through our inane perspectives and arbitrary reviews, pausing every so often to actually learn about this industry we love so much. Though Chicago is our home and informs our perspective and tastes, we always seek to try beer from anywhere and everywhere in addition to the steady stream of locals. We are largely independently-supported through our Patreon patrons, in addition to our sponsorship from independent craft retailer Beer on the Wall. The show’s format is usually just two friends reviewing a lineup of beer that is united under some common theme, but at times we venture to breweries and beer fests to talk with the actual experts in the world of beer. We’ve released episodes every single week on Wednesday since January of 2014, and we’ve been releasing additional short episodes called Low ABVs every Monday through our Patreon since April of 2016.
From the list of survey respondents, we will select two people to win a modest beer prize. The first winner will get first choice from the following list, and the second winner will pick from the remaining options:
- Mikerphone Brewing & MoRE Brewing – Vanillanoize (Imperial Rye Stout w/ vanilla and lactose) – 750 mL bottle
- Goose Island Beer Co. – Reserve Rye Bourbon County Brand Stout (2019) – 16.9 oz. bottle
- Central Waters Brewing Co. – Twenty One (Barrel-aged Imperial Stout) – 22 oz. bottle
- Untitled Art & Angry Chair Brewing – Barrel-Aged Chocolate Vanilla Maple Imperial Stout – 22 oz. bottle
- Cycle Brewing – Brewgarithm Friday (Bourbon BA imperial stout with coconut, coffee, and cocoa nibs) – 22 oz. bottle
- Transient Artisan Ales & MoRE Brewing – Breakfast Sauce (Imperial oatmeal stout w/ Tugboat coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, black tea, and chai spices) – 500 mL bottle
- 3 Floyds Brewing Company – Dark Lord 2016 – 22 oz. bottle
- Mikerphone Brewing – Imperial Smells Like Bean Spirit Blueberry – 750 mL bottle
- Funk Factory Geuzeria – Cherry Meerts (Lambic-style ale w/ tart cherries) – 750 mL bottle
- Cellador Ales – Mellona (Rustic saison aged in white wine barrels w/ sage honey) – 12 oz. bottle
The survey link is below. (It should take around 10 minutes to complete.) Thanks for helping out – and thanks for listening!
(The survey will close and the raffle will conclude on Friday, December 20th at 8PM.)